21 May 2007

The pen is mightier than the sharpie

Regarding the Gonal f pen: it's awkward and cumbersome, and not reassuring. I never feel secure that I'm getting the right dose, since I don't have control of how much goes into my tummy.

However, I love how little waste is created with the pen. Rather than disposing an entire syringe each time, all I'm throwing out is a little teeny needle tip. The environmentalist side of me really appreciates that. So much so, that I'm putting up with the awkwardness and lack of confidence, and am continuing with the pen.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 22/5/07 5:02 p.m., Blogger miriamp said...

You know we'll all be on pins and needles over Shavuos waiting for your update, right?

Try to have a joyous holiday, and sounds like you need another b'sha'ah tova just for scheduling tests!

 
At 22/5/07 6:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Projgen - Hi! I am reading along despite my slackness in commenting. But aha, I have a moment spare...

I found the Gonal F pretty wierd to work with too. The first time my hubby poked it in I didnt even realise. But it did make eggs, despite all my doubts.

Hoping for you.

 
At 22/5/07 9:51 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Miriam - pins and needles. hahahaha :) Chag Sameach, and thank you for the extra b'sha'ah tova. Much needed.

Meg - where do you have time to read, never mind comment?!

Thanks for the good wishes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home