22 May 2007

Oh, yeah, one other thing

I forgot about this one: So, as if having an u/s on Shavuot, and looking at the very real possibility of retrieval on Shabbat wasn't enough, my mikvah night is Wednesday.

I can't do it. I know you're not supposed to delay the mikvah, but I just can't make all those arrangements to manage to be at the mikvah (also an hours' + walk from my home), so I'm going Thursday. Hubby actually suggested I wait until Thursday before I said a word, bless his heart. I can't believe I'm voluntarily giving up a day of hugs and hand-holding (nookie? Forget nookie. Who can have nookie while lugging around a belly full of wet [seedless] grapes?), but I just cannot do it.

Of course, being after a chag, I can't go to the mikvah until nearly 11pm. And of course, my RE is talking about me triggering Thursday night. And of course, triggering is pretty precise. And you JUST know, I'm going to wind up having to trigger at the mikvah.

Should I have anything to trigger, that is.


*Apologies if this post leaves you scratching your head, wondering what the heck I'm talking about. I'm happy to answer anybody's questions and explain anything - feel free to ask.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 23/5/07 3:00 p.m., Blogger Thalia said...

boy you are really having a tough time with this! I hope you manage to get all your observances sorted and that those follicles keep on trucking.

 
At 23/5/07 9:23 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Oh, just getting the cancellation option presented to you must be such a disappointment.
And of course you would hope for a little more follicles to work with. Hopefully the ones you have will outdo your expectations.

 
At 25/5/07 7:53 p.m., Blogger miriamp said...

You don't do ANYTHING the easy way, do you? Argh. Why do you live so far from everything? I mean, it must have made sense to live there, right? So are you close to anything? Or was it just property values? Which is my excuse... I'm about 2 miles from our mikvah. 7 minute drive. 40 min walk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home