22 May 2007

Seedless grapes

So I had my date with dildocam and he didn't even buy me dinner. And his conversation was most unpleasant. I give him my time and my energy, and all he could bring to the table was 4 measly follies.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen (are there any gents out there?)! Four.

What am I now - CD11? I don't have my numbers yet for today, but Ms. Right Ovary displayed 2 follies, 15 and 14.5 (I'm assuming mm). Madame Left Ovary revealed 2 at about 12 each.

Not exactly Zigfield worthy.

We were given the option to cancel (option??), but if we choose not to, I have to have another u/s on Thursday. Yes, on the holiday. Given the size of RO follies, there's a very good possibility, if we don't cancel, that we'll trigger Thursday night. Which means retrieval is on... you guessed it: Shabbat!

oy vey ist mier

Hubby and I decided not to cancel. Last cycle, at this time, we had 5 follies, got 4 eggs, 3 were good and were ICSI'd, 1 fertilized and was transferred. We're one follie shorter this time, but there are still two days, so who knows? I'm not optimistic, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

I am, however, ready to throw a brick at the RE, who, for some unfathomable reason, kept pointing to the big red letters on my chart: MESA, and repeating, "there's no other way for you to get pregnant."

F*CK ME. You don't think I know that?! How is that supposed to help me decide whether or not to cancel? Damn.

On a positive note, the tech was able to get blood out of an elbowpit vein, and I only got a little bruised.

Chag Sameach to those who celebrate, and well, happy Wednesday and Thursday to those who don't. See ya Friday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 24/5/07 5:40 a.m., Blogger x said...

Ouch - MESA. This is mean to say but at least it gets your husband invovled. I know if we do IVF again, we are up for the same thing. I hope the next scan shows a bit more action with the ovaries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home