27 May 2007

Act II: The waiting room

Thank you!! I appreciate all the support; including the suggestion to punch out that doc. While not something I could bring myself to do, thinking about it made me feel better.

After much poking, pushing, manuevering, 4 eggs were retrieved. The RE who did the retrieval has a bit of a grumpasaurous rep, but he's a nice guy. And he practically cheered at the results. And said we made the right decision to not cancel.

Now I'm home, lying down, letting the effects of the way cool drugs wear off and basically enjoying hubby fussing over me (at his insistence). Watching the end of American Idol (amazingly, I've managed to avoid hearing who won!), Supernatural, listening to my new Martin Sexton CD, playing on the 'pooter, reading.

Oh yeah, and davenning my butt off that those 4 little puppies fertilize. And then settle nicely in my waiting empty uterus. And then not want to leave for nine months.

Phone call tomorrow, if any of these buggers fertilize, transer is likely on Tuesday.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 27/5/07 11:13 p.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

4 is great! I'll be davening for you too :-)

 
At 27/5/07 11:19 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

4 eggs from 4 follicles, right? That's good. Does this mean they reached your hide-and-seek ovary?

Hang in there.

 
At 28/5/07 12:16 a.m., Blogger Ms. Perky said...

I'm really glad you got four. That's fantastic. I'll be davening that they should all fertilize and be ready to transfer as many as you decide is right.

 
At 28/5/07 12:34 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

I should have been clearer about what was being "pushed, prodded and maneuvered" eh? ;) The RE was able to access the two left follies and drain them. Three just-big-enough follies poked up at the last minute, so he went for those, too, but I don't know if he got all three.

So, out of at least 5 follies, we got 4 eggs, B"H, so we have to assume something came from those lefties!

Thank G-d for a successful first step. And thank you all for the prayers.

 
At 28/5/07 4:06 a.m., Blogger Nearlydawn said...

Congratulations on 4 eggs! That is so encouraging, I am sure! Can't wait to here the fertilization report!

You know, I love reading your blog. You broaden my understanding of your world with every entry. I find myself googling words and customes. Thank you for sharing your world with us.

 
At 28/5/07 4:48 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Four sounds great! Be waiting to hear your fert results... come on fert results...

Bea

 
At 28/5/07 11:55 a.m., Blogger Meg said...

Projgen - so glad to hear the ovaries came up with the goods - yay for not cancelling! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home