26 May 2008

I blow my nose atchyew

Blogger comments, I blow a big raspberry at you.



Back in the old days, if you had a Blogger profile and chose to show your email, your email address would show in the comments when the comments were emailed to the blog owner. If you didn't have a Blogger profile, I think you had to enter your email address and then it would show to the blog owner.

But now, the only address that shows is "noreply@blogger.com." Which means, if someone comments and I want to reply to them personally, I have to go track down their blog and find their email address.

That is, assuming they have a blog. And assuming they have an email address listed somewhere.

Heh. I just re-read this, and now I sound like a stalker.

I don't go crazy trying to find someone's address, it's just that sometimes someone says something really nice, or meaningful, or it's something that I can really relate to and I want to "bond." It frustrates me that I can't. If it's because the commenter wants to stay private, fine. But if it's Blogger's fault?



Way to ruin a sense of community, Blogger.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 27/5/08 7:40 p.m., Blogger Ms. Perky said...

I feel the same way... it's one of the things that drives me CRAZY about blogger.

 
At 28/5/08 10:00 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

And it's all thanks to spam!!!

 
At 1/8/08 11:06 p.m., Blogger JewishMama said...

Hey Projen, please give us an update. I've heard you've finally got to the holy land! Hope its going well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home