31 May 2007

Are we there yet? How about now?

It's dpt 5,834 of my captivity...

Ugh, for the love of sushi, I can't believe it's only been two days. I wasn't this crazy with waiting last time. The emotional rollercoaster seems to be speeded up and it's making me naseous. One minute, I'm (slightly) optimistic that this is all going to work, the next I'm terrified of getting a negative. The next minute, my heart is racing thinking about what if we get a positive and something (G-d forbid!!! ptu ptu ptu) goes wrong? Seriously. Last cycle, I thought I'd be sad if we get a bfn, but this time I think I'll be crushed like peat moss under Sasquash's feet. Up, down, up, down.

Meanwhile, I was tagged last week by Nearlydawn, but I was too caught up in swabbing, stabbing, keeping pressure. Oh, and getting stabbed by every Tom, Dick and Hairy. Er, Harry. Being tagged offered me an opportunity to kill 300 seconds, so here we go, here are 8 arbitrary things about me:

1. I have teeny, tiny toes on my feet. Honestly, they're little mutants.

2. My best friend from when I was 9, with whom I lost touch when she moved away, found me on the internet two years ago. We still haven't seen each other, or talked on the phone, but we email each other like idiots!

3. I have a photographic memory. I memorize things by taking a mental picture, then when I need to remember it, I imagine the picture. Like, a quote from a book, for example. I "take" a picture of the page in the book, and then recall the page and "see" the quote on the page. It's how I remember where things are, too, like keys and stuff. I "see" the keys hanging on the hook. Which is why I go batshit when somebody (ahem!) doesn't put things back in the right spot. My brain shuts down. I don't know how to actually *look* for things.

4. I've had all sorts of weird jobs. I was once a "crowd rallier" for midnite screenings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'd get up on the stage and get other people to come up and dance the Time Warp, spin the globe, throw toilet paper, etc.

5. Because I've moved around so much, I don't have a best friend. Other than Hubby, of course.

6. I love rodents. Not roaming freely in my kitchen, mind you, but some of my favourite pets have been my gerbils. I once found a newborn mouse in my house and tried to keep it alive. I don't know what happened to the mother, but I couldn't find her anywhere. I wasn't a good substitute mouse. I was also godmother to a ferret, whom I adored.

7. I think it is so unbelievably cool to be Jewish, and to say prayers that were written over 3000 years ago. To learn the same Torah that my ancestors learned thousands of years ago. To live by - and break ;) - the same commandments. And, thousands of years later, to still be discussing and arguing what certain passages mean. The Torah's not an old, dusty, meaningless book. It's a living work that is forever open to analysis.

8. I have hairs on my chin that embarrass the hell out of me. I pluck 'em, I dipilatate 'em, I bleach 'em - all to no avail. I'm no Rosie O'Donnell

I tag
Lut C
Megan
Rachel Inbar.

I have a hard time keeping track of who is at what stage (I can't seem to take a mental picture of blogs), travelling, running an empire, etc., so no pressure folks.

Whadya know! That killed 483 seconds! ::sigh::

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1/6/07 4:34 p.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Cool! Thanks for tagging me! My post will have to wait until after Shabbat, unless we don't want to eat... (oops).

I know just what you mean about the time going by so slowly :-( I am praying for you...

 
At 2/6/07 1:49 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Crowd tamer at a show, wow, that is a weird job. :-)

I'll have to put that meme on ice for a while.

 
At 2/6/07 7:15 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

I wish I had a photographic memory!

(How many seconds did it kill to read my comment?)

Wishing you swiftly through the wait, and onto good things beyond.

Bea

 
At 3/6/07 7:58 a.m., Blogger miriamp said...

re number 8: I have one hair on my chin. One. I pull it out, it grows back, I pull it out again, ad infinitum. (or ad nauseum, as my mother would say.)

The days will pass, really. Go reread the Belgariad or the Mallorean or both. (I think I spelled those right) At any rate, the time will pass, and those are some hefty books in those two series. Should kill a day or two.

 
At 4/6/07 12:46 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

Miriam! I don't remember ever mentioning that I'm a David Eddings fan. I have both those series - how did you know?? I was just thinking I should re-read some Roger Zelazny, but maybe I'll hit the Belgariad instead...

freaky ;)

 
At 4/6/07 4:08 a.m., Blogger miriamp said...

Nah, not freaky. See here: http://ruth.wordpress.com/2006/06/29/meme/#comments

I only found David Eddings because of you, so I remembered that you were a fan. I may not have a photographic memory, but it's darn good. :-)

I read the Belgariad, "Belgarath the Sorceror" (a sort of after-the-fact prequel to both series) and am two books into the Mallorean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home