08 November 2006

iPod, therefore iAm

So, Hubby's new job has some perks. A co-worker was going through the lost-n-found box, getting ready to toss some of the items. If something's been in the box for more than 2 years, the item gets tossed. Usually, the items are junky, but there was an old iPod in the pile. No one would want it because it's out of date (it's only *gasp* 512mb. iPods are now 30Gb or more.), so lost-n-found guy was just going to throw it out.

Hubby grabbed it, charged it, loaded it up with some of my favourite seminars and now I have something to do on the bus on my way to work. As soon as I find headphones that fit my ears. Earbuds just pop out. Anyone else have this problem, or do I just have weird ears?

Now, if only an IVF cycle would fall into our lap as easily...

9 Comments:

At 8/11/06 11:48 a.m., Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Yep, that happens to me too, the earbuds just seem to drop out, usually right when I want to hear something important!

I don't know, maybe I just have weird ears like you! Lol!
:D

 
At 8/11/06 2:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird ears. You and me both.

Bea

 
At 8/11/06 5:10 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. They might /seem/ $$ but the money is totally worth it. Sony makes these headphones that are earbuds but "in the ear". [I think there might be cheaper ones by now but I've not tried these]. I bought my pair 4 years ago after the popping out and the pain I had from other headphones. well, actually my husband took my first pair and I had to buy a new pair.

i have the Fontopia® Headphones (MDR-EX51LP) They are $40. I must say it was the best $40 I have ever spent. At the time I couldn't believe how much I was spending on headphones, but it does let me listen pain-free.

I did some quick searches and I think that Koss makes one that is similar and much cheaper ($13), also the Panasonic RP-HJE50W Stereo Earbud with 3-Size Ear Pads looks to be even closer ($18).

i hope the helps. wear your new ipod in good health. ;)

 
At 8/11/06 9:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do not just have weird ears. I can't use earbuds either. Not only do they fall out, they HURT my ears. I think most people have bigger ears than we do.

 
At 8/11/06 10:43 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Nice present :-)

 
At 10/11/06 5:11 p.m., Blogger x said...

Those ear buds must be for kids because they don't work for me either.

 
At 11/11/06 7:25 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you scored a good gift!

 
At 14/11/06 4:06 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

So the concensus is, we all have weird ears. So what's with all the folks on the bus who seem just fine and manage to keep the little buggers in their earholes? Hmph. Or maybe they're just faking it?

Penny, thanks! I'll have to check those out and see if I can swing a pair. Or find the cheaper ones!

 
At 28/11/06 3:37 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wear the earbuds either. They cause me much pain! Whose ears do they fit? Is it a ploy for us to spend more money?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home