20 September 2006

The river is wide, but it can be swum

Swimmed? Swam?

Anyway.

My friend made it all the way across - 3 miles! She raised a nice bit of change for the cause, her kids had a blast volunteering and she is still riding on Cloud 9. And so far, no ill effects from spending so much time in the Hudson River. Apparently, it can be drunk. (Drinked? Drank?)

Sorry for the late update; I'm slowly pulling my head up and I've been (gratefully) distracted with a project. Thank you all for your words of support and encouragement for my friend; I'm sure all those good vibes helped her make it to the finish. I'm very very very proud of her.

Next up: why my mother-in-law makes that vein in my head stick out about 3 inches. Or why I shouldn't write about that since it's Rosh Hashana and I'm supposed to be cleaning my slate.

3 Comments:

At 21/9/06 9:17 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Yay for your friend! Not so yay for your MIL...

Bea

 
At 21/9/06 11:07 a.m., Blogger Baleboosteh said...

Wow! Good for her! She must be very proud of herself.

 
At 21/9/06 4:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful for her--what a great job and a great cause!

L'shanah tova to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home