27 February 2007

eep explained

Thanks for all the love!

Thalia asked what changed to allow us to do a cycle. Good question, considering I've spent the better part of the last year bitching about our lack of funds. Without going into too much personal detail, here's the rundown:

1) We both found work, and with our 2-year experience of surviving on no salaries, we're managing to pay off our debt and build our savings back up, slowly but surely.

2) An angel appeared from the internet and offered us some options.

3) Sadly, a relative of Hubby's died, but surprisingly, left us some money, which will cover the balance of a cycle.

I refused to do a cycle with no backup plan (meaning having enough $$ for another cycle). Doing only one cycle, and having to quit cold last time was too hard. Painful. Emotionally crushing. If I know I can go right into another cycle if this cycle doesn't work, then I think it will be easier (at least, this is the mind game I'm comfortable playing with myself).

I really didn't think we'd be able to save up enough on our own for two cycles, and we weren't comfortable with putting ourselves even further into debt by borrowing two cycles' worth. With all three things coming together at once, we can manage to do this without having to face paying off our infertility loans from our nursing home.

Of course, this is just paying for the damn cycle. I have to go for blood tests still (again), so assuming my FSH isn't shooting for the stars, and assuming I'm not already too old, and assuming my eggs aren't poofs of dust, and assuming, assuming, assuming...

(Of course, I could assume that all will go well, and my numbers will be good, and I'll respond to the protocol, and have lots of eggs, which will fertilize and grow into A+ embies, two of which will be transferred, one of which will stick, grow and pop out 9 months later. And we'll have frozen embies, to boot. I could assume all these things, but where's the fun in that?)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 28/2/07 8:36 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Congratulations on both finding jobs. I don't recall you mentioning that (but my memory is not the best).

I understand not wanting to venture into only one cycle. The pressure is high enough already.

 
At 1/3/07 8:09 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's what I get for not reading in weeks . . . here's hoping for your dream outcome.

 
At 1/3/07 8:51 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Thanks!

Lut, Hubby and I both found jobs at the same time back in October. I mentioned it in passing, but I won't hold you to remembering - you have other things on your mind right now! ;)

 
At 6/3/07 3:13 a.m., Blogger x said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are coming together for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home