06 July 2007

Infertility haiku

So I was tagged by Kirby to do this Haiku meme. Kirby's are awesome; she obviously has a flair for the haiku. Mine are kind of lame-ish, but they get the point across.

doctor said cancel
not enough follies or eggs
we retrieved anyway

four eggs, not enough
"we prefer five, six or more."
fertilization

implantation? no.
no gestation, it's all over
no baby for you

first wife said no kids
vasectomy for him
now I get the pain

why don't you adopt?
you know, to get pregnant you
just need to relax

your eggs are no good
use somebody else's eggs
then you'll feel better

I know you'll be a
mommy someday, I can just
tell about these things.

if we use donor
eggs, will our baby also
have his bright blue eyes

(Update: somehow this one got left out of the original)
it's a friend's birthday
but we have no kids to bring
no party for us

I tag Bea, Megan and Meg, who I'm sure doesn't have time for this at all!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7/7/07 2:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it's a great excuse to make myself write!

 
At 7/7/07 6:00 a.m., Blogger Meg said...

Oh and I forgot to say, re: your last post... one of the women in my IVf group, who is 41 and was about to start looking at donor eggs, got pregnant with her own from a natural IVF cycle.

 
At 8/7/07 9:17 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Love your poetry - a great summary of your journey so far, and the decisions and griefs you are facing.

Bea

 
At 12/7/07 2:13 a.m., Blogger Lollipop Goldstein said...

Projgen! Some of these made me bawl. Very moving and beautifully written.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home