14 June 2007

I'll take a Scotch, wet, on the rocks

First off, apologies for making you wait.

So last night, Hero Hubby came to pick me up, and told me the news. The doctor from my GPs office (not my GP, but another in the office) said the results were negative, and then added,

"BUT"

::sigh::

damn non-infertility doctors.

He said to be sure we test again next week, because "it's extremely common to have a false negative."

That may be. For people who try to get pg the so-called "normal" way. He also said it's still very early, blah blah blah.

I just heard from the clinic, the results were 0. So, no need to re-test, non-infertility doc! Geez, if rabbinical students are now having to learn about infertility, why aren't GPs having to learn at least the basics?

On the bright side, I no longer have to stuff myself with little balls of peanut-oil.

On the other bright side, I can have cocktails tonight.

Oh, and there's an update to the "easy" blood draw. Remember, I asked for the paper tape since I've developed an allergy to the bandaid adhesive? I got big red bruises from the tape. THE TAPE! Argh.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 14/6/07 10:12 p.m., Blogger shanna said...

GAH and RAWR at your GP. Bleh. Enjoy your drinks, at least, though we're going to have to have a little talk about the proper way to drink Scotch... ;-)

 
At 14/6/07 10:41 p.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

It sounds like you're taking the news surprisingly well... Enjoy the drink :-)

Take it easy!

 
At 14/6/07 10:51 p.m., Blogger megan said...

argh. doctors can suck. sorry again to hear your news. enjoy the cocktails and take care of yourself.

 
At 14/6/07 10:51 p.m., Blogger Leah Goodman said...

have an extra drink for me, and a round of sushi...

hopefully next cycle, you won't be able to drink anymore.

 
At 15/6/07 1:24 a.m., Blogger M said...

Oh no, I woke up this morning thinking of you and was just sure the results would not be what you got... I am truly sorry x

 
At 15/6/07 3:17 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry. (And I'm really shaking my head at that GP.) But mostly I'm sorry and I hope you're both ok.

Bea

 
At 15/6/07 1:04 p.m., Blogger Thalia said...

your gp is an idiot.

Those bruises from the tape would really send me over the edge. Insult to injury.

Thinking of you.

 
At 15/6/07 5:18 p.m., Blogger Meg said...

I have never seen anyone deal with this kind of news with more grace and bravery. x

 
At 15/6/07 7:51 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Idiot GP. And bruising from the tape would probably have set me over the edge. A cocktail is the least of what you deserve. I'm so sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home