27 July 2007

Disappearing act

Honest, I didn't mean to drop off the face of the earth for 3 weeks. I have been so swamped at work, that I barely have time to pee, never mind take a lunch, read my email (sorry, Mom, I'll mail soon!), and forget about reading blogs. I'm 14 posts behind on the blog with the fewest unread posts. I go home, eat dinner, and collapse into bed.

I knew today was going to be quiet-ish, so I was hoping to post. I just thought I'd be able to be witty and fun. But it's not in me today, because sadly, my family suffered a horrible tragedy a few days ago. For privacy reasons, I can't go into it, but suffice it to say someone is dead and a 3-year old will likely be having nightmares for the rest of his life. Someone I love very much, along with her children, is suffering a pain and horror I hope no one ever has to know. All because another person was selfish and cruel and in incredible pain that he refused to acknowledge and seek help for, and did something despicable.

I want to pray that his soul finds peace, but I can't yet. Right now, I'm happy to hope that his soul rots away in agony for what he's inflicted on my family. And my attention is better spent praying for strength for my family right now. Then I can pray that I find the strength to forgive him, and that my family finds a way to forgiveness and healing. It's going to be a very long time.

I'm sorry this sounds like such a tease. But I need to talk about it, but I can't talk about it here, but this is my best forum for it. It's all so sad.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 27/7/07 8:56 p.m., Blogger shanna said...

I can read through the lines somewhat and - wow, that's just terrible. Terrible beyond words. I'm so sorry you have to be a part of something like that.

 
At 27/7/07 9:16 p.m., Blogger Stacie said...

If I have read between the lines correctly, I sadly know how devestating this can be for a family as it happened to mine several years back. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 27/7/07 9:28 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

I'm sorry to hear tragedy has struck. The fact that it didn't have to go this way only makes it that much more difficult to accpet. My condolences to you and your family.

 
At 27/7/07 11:00 p.m., Blogger Nearlydawn said...

My condolences to you and your family. I am so sorry you all are having to go through this tragedy.

 
At 28/7/07 10:11 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

I'm so sorry for everything that's been happening. My condolences to all involved.

Bea

 
At 28/7/07 10:38 a.m., Blogger Thalia said...

so sorry to hear about the losses and the pain in your family.

 
At 30/7/07 9:57 p.m., Blogger megan said...

i'm so sorry for everything that has been going on. thinking of you and your family.

 
At 31/7/07 11:42 a.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad you have somewhere to get out some of your emotions.

 
At 1/8/07 3:30 a.m., Blogger Penny said...

{hugs}

 
At 1/8/07 8:13 a.m., Blogger Allformybaby said...

I am so sorry for your family and your loss. I will pray that peace covers your family.
A

 
At 5/8/07 11:55 p.m., Blogger K|nneret said...

So truly sorry for your loss. May you all find peace and healing soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home