14 July 2006

Fasting the day away

Today is a fast day. It's also a slow day, sitting around waiting for sunset to come along, so we can eat again. It's also a day to contemplate, being the start of the three weeks.

It's no irony that war with Lebanon starts during this time. So, while I would be in a reflective mood anyway, it's even stronger now. I'll probably be on the quiet-ish side for the next little while.


Note: if anyone has any respectful questions about what's going in Israel right now, I will be happy to answer them or direct you to a good resource. I'll be happy to answer any other questions, too.

3 Comments:

At 14/7/06 6:11 p.m., Blogger x said...

That is a long list of "don'ts". I would be afraid I would forget something. No shaving in the middle of summer? December would be no problem but July's a hard month for that.

I would be interesting in knowing more about what is going on. I know our media only gives us a very filtered view point.

 
At 15/7/06 2:17 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

The official position of most EU countries is that the attacks on Lebanon are disproportionate.

There are no easy answers to difficult questions.

 
At 18/7/06 12:53 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

It's also hard to define "disproportionate." Isn't it also disproportionate that Israel has had to put up with kidnappings and missiles attacks for years from Hizbullah?

But the EU leaders seem to be changing their stance and leaning more towards supporting the statement that "Israel has a right to defend herself."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home