27 June 2006

Augh, I've been shot tagged!

Courtesy of the wonderful Meg. Maybe I ought to rethink that "wonderful" - this was a toughie!

Seven Things I'd Like to Do Before I Die:
  1. Have a family of my own.

  2. Finish writing the story I started a bajillion years ago.

  3. Move to Israel.

  4. Figure out what I'm meant to do with my life. If it's a career - what career? What is my contribution to the world supposed to be?

  5. Go to Yeshiva (sort of a university for Jewish learning. You don't necessarily walk away with a degree, though; it's learning for learning's sake.).

  6. Learn how to dress properly and have a closet that shows it. (Putting outfits together, being able to mix-n-match tops and skirts, not having hats gathering dust on my shelf, because I can't figure out what the hat goes with, etc.)

  7. Get further along in my family genealogy and then visit the hometowns of my ancestors.

Seven Things I Can't Do:
  1. Cook. My so-called loved ones say I should be registered as a lethal weapon in the kitchen.

  2. Work with my skills. Every "what is your perfect career" test I've ever taken has given the result that I should be an executive secretary. I'm anal organized enough, excellent at typing and dictation, extremely professional, brilliant at handling clients, blah blah. Problem is, I despise the "executive" side of it: taking minutes, making travel plans, sucking up to Chief Boss Man so he feels super important. Just because I'm good at something, doesn't mean I should make a career of it. Look, I'm extremely talented at being lazy. Should I make a career of that??

  3. Be patient with people I can't stand. I try, really, I do. But if someone who rubs me the wrong way starts chatting me up, I "mm-hmm" them and make a quick get-away, not always so politely. And sometimes, these people are totally innocent; they've done nothing wrong. They just rub me the wrong way.

  4. Exercise enough. I have a chronic condition that wipes me out if I over exert myself. Over exerting myself is walking too far or too fast. Forget my beloved aerobics and hiking.

  5. Let it go when I've been wronged and not acknowledged. Yes, you insulted me; yes, I know you didn't mean to. Just give me a freakin' meaningful apology and let's be done with it.

  6. Let go of stupid, miserable things I've done. I had a cat that died under unbelievably stupid circumstances, and I can't help feeling if only I'd done more, I could have saved her, and I have not been able to forgive myself for not saving her for 20 years. Nor can I get the circumstances out of my mind easily when it occasionally pops up.

  7. Be a really good girl friend. I don't go shopping, I don't hang out and chat, I don't do my nails. I'm just not a "girly" friend. So I've never been able to open up to having a best friend. I can be a good friend, a really good friend, just not a "best girlfriend."

Seven Things That Attracted Me to My Partner:
  1. His goofy sense of humour that matches mine to a T.

  2. His sea-blue eyes.

  3. His brilliance.

  4. He cooks! And cooks gourmet!

  5. His willingness and desire to grow Jewishly with me.

  6. How concerned he was for others' welfare. But not in a skeevy way.

  7. His idea of what is important in life matches mine.
(Wait! Where do I fit in his awesome foot rubs?!)


Seven Books That I Love:
  1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I want my own Secret Garden.

  2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. "If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn't love you as much as I do in a single day." I can read this book over and over and over. I love the time period, the freedom of the moors, the despair of Heathcliff, the wildness of Catherine, the darkness of the Heights. I find something new in it every time. I can also watch the movies over and over. Laurence Olivier's Heathcliff is so angry and bitter compared to the darkness and wildness of Ralph Feines' portrayal. Apparently there was a 1970 version with Timothy Dalton as Heathcliff (that must have been AMAZING!), but the ending was changed. And it's not available on video. And is that rumour about Johnny Depp still floating around? *swoon*

  3. Anything in the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman. It's fluff, but it's page-turning fluff (it's also violent, sicko fluff, but that just adds to the fun!).

  4. The Torah (okay, technically, it's actually five books, but they're usually bound together as one.)

  5. The Source by James Michener. I'd love to read it again, but I'm a little intimidated by the length. That was okay when I had never read it, but now it seems like a real commitment.

  6. The Dragons of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. I love this series. I love the whole idea of having a symbiotic relationship with your dragon.

  7. This is tough. I'm a read-aholic; I simply adore books and I am never without one. So it's really, really hard to pick only seven. So maybe #7 is "every other book ever written (rather, nearly every other book - those Philip Roth books definitely aren't landing on any "love" list of mine!).

Seven Movies I Watch Over and Over:
  1. Singin' in the Rain. Just love it. Especially Donald O'Connor's amazing "Make 'em Laugh"

  2. King and I. I lovelovelove Yul Brynner. I love the music. I love the costumes. I love the Broadway show more, but we're talking movies here. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. "Anna: Then how do you explain, your majesty, that many men remain faithful to only one wife? King: They are sick."

  3. The original Star Wars movies.

  4. The Court Jester with Danny Kaye. That vessel. That flagon...

  5. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I know, I know, but I can't help it. Costner's various accents are atrocious, but c'mon: Alan Rickman!

  6. Highlander. The original. So what if the Scottish immortal has a French accent, and the Spanish immortal has a Scottish brogue?

  7. Pretty much anything by Alfred Hitchcock. I've seen "The Birds" a few thousand times.

Seven People I Want to Tag
Now apparently, I'm supposed to tag seven poor souls with this. I don't know seven suckers wonderful bloggers, but I'll do my best here.

1. Jenny from the Infertility Block
2. Ms. X on her Barren Island
3. Lut C. getting iffy with it
4. Robbie @ Ovaries on Strike. Even if she is pre-occupied.
5. Ruth @ Ruth's Megillah

Yeah, that's it. Them's all I feel comfortable hitting up, as my regular readers. Good luck, ladies!

7 Comments:

At 28/6/06 2:43 p.m., Blogger Meg said...

I KNOW! How hard was it? But thank you for playing along. And hopefully you won't despise me for eternity.. x

 
At 29/6/06 12:41 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

It's just the thing for the 2WW. It's a hard one though, so give me some time.

 
At 29/6/06 4:16 p.m., Blogger x said...

I'll do it for sure, but this one might take some time.

 
At 30/6/06 5:16 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

Meg, I won't hate you ever ;) I actually enjoyed this.

But I can't believe you all read my stupidly long answers! Thank you!

 
At 23/7/06 10:57 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

um er, maybe I'm totally confusedicated here, but Wuthering Heights with Timothy Dalton is available on DVD is it just you need video as in vhs dooby not disc?.

 
At 25/7/06 1:26 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

Omigosh, Jennie, you are absolutely right. My local Rogers video even has it on dvd. That's what I get for listening to someone else and not doing my own research! Thanks!

 
At 25/7/06 1:29 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

er, scratch that. There's a little line that says "unavailable." But my library has it, instead. Even better - that's free. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home