27 April 2006

Charmed, I'm sure

Ugh. One of Hubby's and my guilty pleasures is watching Charmed. We watch new episodes, and download old eps. We're nearly through Season 4. Again. And - honest! - Hubby doesn't watch for the skimpy "outfits" Rose McGowan and Alyssa Milano wear. We simply have fun with the witches and demons and abundance of continuity errors and silly plot devices.

Based on yesterday's post, you can kinda tell I'm not in the best of moods regarding this fertility stuff (can'tcha?). So we're hunkered down watching Charmed, and of course, there's discussion between Paige and Piper that after 4 months of trying, Piper's not pregnant yet (aw, 4 months? Poor thing).

Guess what Paige said in response? Go ahead, guess.


"So the sooner you stop worrying about it, the sooner I will be an aunt."


Yep, the old "just relax" popped up on the one thing I can always count on to take my mind OFF of infertility. Yet another reason to get rid of the ol' box. TV bad.


To be fair, Piper did have a very funny line just before the "just relax" comment: "Getting flung around by demons isn't exactly conducive to making babies." I think that's what I'll tell people from now on, when they ask when we're going to start a family.

3 Comments:

At 28/4/06 6:11 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, that sounds like a good line to trot out!

 
At 28/4/06 8:46 p.m., Blogger x said...

I love it, I wouldn't think twice about using that line.
I think we all have our secret tv junkfood, I can't miss America's Top Model.

 
At 29/4/06 5:30 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

You're going to shame me into admitting I'm hooked on American Idol, aren't you? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home