14 March 2006

Health news

Today's news:

In a startling decision, the Health Minister of Canada, the Honourable Tony Clomid, agreed that the government of Canada should, and will, start covering infertility treatments at 100%. Starting April 1, all IVF, ICSI and other procedures that Canadians suffering from infertility must endure will be covered by their respective provinces' health care plan. Medications and other extraneous expenses related to infertility procedures will also be covered under this new plan. While organizations like ATIME and Small Wonders expressed concern that this new legislation will cause them to fold, this is good news to the thousands of Canadians undergoing infertility procedures who must currently pay upwards of $8,500 per cycle.

In other news, all provinces in Canada announced, effective April 1, all Canadians must pay an extra $8,500 in health plan fees annually.

Chag Purim Sameach! (Happy Purim Holiday!)

8 Comments:

At 14/3/06 4:04 p.m., Blogger Robber Barren said...

Heeeee!

 
At 14/3/06 11:01 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Finaly! This isn't some sick early april fool's I hope.

 
At 15/3/06 1:01 a.m., Blogger Robber Barren said...

Lut - it is, in fact, a joke. Today is (well, was) the Jewish holiday of Purim, and such pranks and farces are traditional for the day.

 
At 15/3/06 7:09 p.m., Blogger x said...

Thank goodness I read Robber Barren's post. I almost called my RE and cancelled my cycle so I could start in April.
I guess I should have kept reading the second paragraph, I got to excited after the first one.

 
At 15/3/06 10:16 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

C'mon, girls - Tony CLOMID?! ;)

Thanks for setting everyone straight, Robbie. I'd so hate to be responsible for cancelled cycles. Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up with my own baseless fantasies! (sorry, this screams for another smiley) ;)

 
At 16/3/06 12:04 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just on Bonai Olams web site and saw that they are having yet another chinese auction. The prizes look great!

 
At 16/3/06 10:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm late! I hope you had a Purim Sameach. I got too much junk food in all those mishloach manot baskets and have to figure out how to tell people not to send me that garbage in the future. Sigh.

I'm so gullible -- Jerusalem Post had a spoof page and of course, I read it in seriousness and was freaking out. My husband had to remind me: "What day is this, dear?" Grrrrrr.

 
At 18/3/06 1:16 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

Joshua, I think it's the same Chinese Auction. And welcome!

Wessel, can you save the mashloach manot for next year and give it back? ;) Very funny about the Post (teehee).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home