16 February 2006

525,600 minutes

“…how do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.”*


Forget 525,600 cups of coffee, try 25 billion Styrofoam coffee cups. Every year. Tossed into our landfills.

Please, please, when you get your coffee fix to go (and who doesn’t need that coffee fix?!), bring your own travel mug. Not only will you help save the Earth, you’ll likely help your pocketbook, too. Most coffee retailers offer a discount for bringing your own mug. To inspire you: what you save in a year could pay for 75iu of Repronex®.

Just one small step towards Tikun Olam.



*lyrics from the musical, RENT, "Seasons of Love", written by Jonathan Larson

2 Comments:

At 18/2/06 9:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! What a great idea. :-)

 
At 19/2/06 1:50 a.m., Blogger x said...

I am a huge recycler. Here is a cool stat. for you.
For the energy it takes to light one light bulb for 3hrs, you can make one new pop can.
For the energy it takes to light one light bulb for 5 minutes, you can create a pop can from recycled materials.
Amazing. I assume it's true, my 12th grade science teacher told me that.

I hate coffee but I try to do my part.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home