31 March 2006

Project update

Well, I'm up and running seemingly with no problems, although we're not really sure we figured out what the problem is. There were no viruses (thanks for the Stinger suggestion!) according to 3 different anti-virus programs; Ad-aware, Spybot, ScanSpyware, Spysweeper, and something else I can't remember the name of found minor little annoyances. It's just Trend Micro that keeps finding these malware files, but it can't delete them, nothing else finds them, and if 14 out of 15 programs think my computer is clean, then I'm willing to live in blissful ignorance! Thank you all for your suggestions, tips, and well wishes, and - ahem - not suggesting I get a Mac because they're practically immune, t'was much appreciated.

So now that that problem is out of the way, what's the number one thing NOT to do two weeks before Pesach, especially when your mother is visiting? That's right, sprain your ankle! Thank Gd, it's a very mild sprain, I'm able to walk on it for short durations, so it only kept me from my cleaning for one day. It hasn't kept me from stressing, though. Show of hands, please, how many of you - for whom Pesach cleaning is an issue - have read every "guide to stress-free Passover cleaning" you can get your hands on?

Well, let me tell you: it's all bubbemeiser (lit. "grandmother's story;" means "nothing resembling reality whatsoever"). There's no such thing as "stress-free Passover cleaning" unless you go away to a resort, and that's a-whole-nother issue. So today I take a break from Passover cleaning, so I can prepare for Shabbat. It takes a lot of work to have a day of rest, let me tell ya!

I wonder if there are any kosher-for-Passover resorts in the Bahamas...

6 Comments:

At 1/4/06 1:04 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

I hope that husband of yours does his share. :-) You need to let that sprain heal.

I'm very fortunate that my husband shares in household chores.

 
At 2/4/06 1:57 p.m., Blogger x said...

Pass-over cleaning with a sprained ankle? It sounds very stressfull.
I am going to send you an email, I want to get a bit more info from you about microsurgery.

 
At 2/4/06 11:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Urgh, sprains are the worst. Take it as easy as you possibly can and let it heal. I know it's stressful for cleaning, but the ankle will take longer to heal if you don't let it rest now. (Trust me, I speak from experience--learn from my mistakes and 3 months with an ankle brace.)

 
At 4/4/06 9:55 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Thanks for the well-wishes! Not to worry, Hubby has been most helpful. My ankle is much better (a little sore today, because I took the wrap off and forgot to put it back on before bed), and the cleaning continues!

Jenny - I haven't gotten your email yet. Just fyi, in case you have sent it.

 
At 5/4/06 11:18 a.m., Blogger persephone said...

Hahahaha, have you seen this? " If you were to look at your draperies under a microscope, you know what you'd see?  Bagels!"

Oooh I have to laugh or else I will hide under the bed. Pesach is a nightmare if you have OCD tendencies.

Take care of that ankle, my friend.

 
At 5/4/06 9:17 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Hahahahahahaha!!! "Care should be taken not to play chametzdiche music, such as House of the Rising Sun, Bad Moon on the Rise or anything written by David Gates"

I can't believe he missed the obvious - "anything recorded by Bread!" :D

I thought Pesach prep was bad for anal retentive types; can't even imagine OCD types! (ankle is much better, thanks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home