21 March 2006

I have a point, I just keep it under the sink

In a previous post about the size of the Humongous needles that were given to me accidentally for my first cycle, it occurred to me that some might wonder why I happened to have that syringe handy for scanning. That would be because I haven’t thrown a single bloody thing out from my first cycle.

If you go into my bathroom, and peek under the sink cabinet, you will find an old kitty litter box. In it, are the remnants - the dead bodies if you will - of Cycle #1. The used needles, safely stowed in an old mayonnaise jar, lie helpless, spent, their lives meaningless since having been cruelly discarded. Lying next to jar, the remains of the Gonal-f. Didn’t use quite all of it, but there wasn’t enough to be useful to someone else. The $900 bottle laughs at me from within the litter box.

Why do I keep these vestiges from a failed cycle? Why do I leave them there, under the sink, to mock me day in and day out. Why do I subject myself to these constant reminders of money spent on overpriced medications that are not covered by healthcare?

I have no idea. I just know I can’t yet bring myself to properly dispose of my medical waste.

3 Comments:

At 22/3/06 12:40 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Well, it's not like you've stuck them in an album or scrapbook or anything, with little cute stickers and text balloons.
Or am I giving you idea's. ;-)

 
At 22/3/06 6:42 p.m., Blogger x said...

I like Lut's idea's. Do you have any scrapbooking supplies?

 
At 24/3/06 9:37 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Ooh, I can get those neat little ridgey scissors and in cutesy fonts, I can put the story of each injection under the needle. I'm going to run out and buy scrapbooking stuff right now... oh wait, I can just put on Shopping Channel and sit here in my sweats and eat ice cream while I wait for the scrapbooking segment...

Beth, how on earth do you eat while staring at your needles???!! I thought under the sink cupboard was bad ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home