18 March 2006

The downside of anonymous blogging

I had a fabulous time this Purim (and I'm still recovering - why do you think I've hardly blogged?!). But I can't tell you about it. Because by telling you about it, somebody could figure that it was me. I mean, who 'me' is. Er, who I am. Oh, whatever.

If I were to tell you about it, it would have to go something like this:

I had the best time this Purim! I went as [blank] and Hubby was [blank]. Everyone laughed - I think we had the best costumes. We had a [blank], which was really special. After the reading, we all sat around and [blank] and talked about [blank]. Of course, I [blank]. And apparently, because I [blank] I [blank]. Oh yeah, this was really funny - then, later, I [blank]. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The next day, we had another reading, went to a lovely seudah (meal), which was really yummy and I enjoyed, in spite of [blank]. I thanked [blank] and [blank] for [blank] and [blank]. We visited a few more people, passed out the last of our mashloach manot (traditional gifts of ready-to-eat treats) and went home and [blank].

I can't wait for next Purim!

4 Comments:

At 18/3/06 2:07 a.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

Yikes, that link gave me a fright! Well, really it was the fact that my computer started making noise when I opened it in the background.

Sites should be seen and not heard. Or was that children?

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

 
At 18/3/06 6:56 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally relate! I've composed about 4 posts in my head over the last week and censored them all, for the same reason.

 
At 20/3/06 6:41 p.m., Blogger x said...

As far as I know, I blog anonymous although I post my pic and name on my site. All my friends/family say "what is a blog" so I am not too worried about anybody finding it.
I have to say that I had a hard time filling in the blanks, I have never experienced Purim but it sounds like a great time.

 
At 21/3/06 4:15 a.m., Blogger projgen said...

lut, it's a kid's site! I think it's supposed to be loud ;)

Jenny, a typical Purim evening goes something like this: people show up, the evening of Purim, dressed in costume, really hungry because they've been fasting all day. A story about how "they tried to kill us, we won, let's eat" is read. Everyone makes lots of noise and boos and hisses every time the bad guy's name (Haman) is read. Then we eat. And drink (hopefully only the adults). Some rabbinic authorities are frowning on this now, but there's a mandate to drink until you can't recognize the good guy's name (Mordechai) from the bad guy's name. Then you do it all again the next day, followed by a big meal. Oh, and you give treats people, and they give to you.

Does that help you fill in the blanks? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home