11 September 2007

I'm baaaack

But not very willingly ;) Israel was fabulous, wonderful, incredible and stinkin' hot! But considering the "summer" we've been having here on the Wet Coast, I didn't complain once about being dry and warm. And dry.

I'm still a little jetlagged, and disappointed that Rachel Inbar and I couldn't connect, and well, disappointed to not still be in the Holy Land, but I have no time to recover, because I have to prepare for Rosh Hashana. Yes, it's my favourite kind of holiday - one that falls on a Thursday and Friday, followed immediately by Shabbat (who THINKS of these things?!). Oy.

Oh, and I have a sermon to write. I foolishly agreed to speak one of the days. And no one, absolutely no one, has invited us for any meals (there's that no-kids syndrome), so we have to prepare for all the meals. Lucky for me, I have such a wonderful cook for a husband!!

I haven`t had time to try to catch up with any of you on your blogs, so I truly hope everyone is doing well, and has had a good month. Maybe there`s some good news out there, too?

So Ketiva v'Chatima Tovah to those of you observe Rosh Hashana, and happy end of summer to those of you who don`t! Watch out for those fish heads...

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11/9/07 11:13 a.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

Yeah, me too :-( I had huge scheduling problems, including my husband going to London for a week. I really wish we could have met. Kirby was interested too. I am so sorry it didn't work out...

Have a Shana Tova and may this year be one in which all (or at least most) of your dreams come true.

 
At 11/9/07 2:45 p.m., Blogger Bea said...

Welcome home! Hope you have a great time during the upcoming holidays.

Bea

 
At 11/9/07 4:05 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

Welcome back! The back-to-back of Rosh Hashana and Shabbat is going to be exhausting, that's for sure. L'Shana Tova!

 
At 11/9/07 8:45 p.m., Blogger shanna said...

Are you kidding? We much prefer to invite people without kids when we can - no need to worry about making special food for them, or where they will take naps, or whatever.

If you were local, you'd be eating at my table every meal if you wanted to! (Bonus: dinners are kid-free.)

 
At 11/9/07 10:59 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

You're back and you sound energized. Great!

 
At 13/9/07 3:02 a.m., Blogger megan said...

welcome home and happy new year!

 
At 17/9/07 9:37 p.m., Blogger Stacie said...

Glad you're back and that you had a wonderful time!

 
At 18/9/07 1:37 a.m., Blogger kirby said...

Look at it this way: at least we also have to deal with a three-day Yom Tov this go around.

Would have loved to have met up with you. I guess you'll just have to make aliyah now...

 
At 20/9/07 11:53 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

Ah, I'd say it's good to be home, but it's not really ;)

Kirby & Rachel - when we, Gd willing, make aliyah next summer, you'll have to come to our Chanukat Bayit!

Shanna, it's not that people don't want us because we don't have kids, it's that they *forget* about us because we don't have kids. They don't see us at school, their kids don't talk about Projgen, Jr., they don't see us at camp, daycare, etc., etc. If we were local, we'd be bugging you for every meal! ;) (ps: nice pic!)

 
At 24/9/07 1:59 a.m., Blogger miriamp said...

Hey, Shanna beat me to it! (Okay, so I almost forgot to even check in.)

But even though I can't guarantee *any* kid-free meals here at all, you're still invited, any time.

If only it weren't another country and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home