19 April 2007

Says the Cheshire Cat

Curioser and curioser. Hmm, there seems to be a general concensus here to wait. I'm curious as to what everyone's reasoning is - are you advocating waiting simply because of the cost benefit?

I should point out,
a) the cost savings is only about $1,000. That's a lot of money, but really a drop in the bucket of the whole, overall costs of all this IVF stuff.
b) We're not guaranteed to be accepted into the study. The appointment to see the nurse after she gets my Pap results, is the qualifying screening. It's quite possible we could wait until June (more likely July), and not qualify for the study. Which means we will have lost 2 (more likely 3) months.

If you had reasons other than saving money, what were they? Share with me, please? Are we doing the right thing? Ack!

Ah, life was so much easier when my biggest dilemma was whether to do my Calculus homework, or go to the bars with my roommate on $2 Melonball Night.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 19/4/07 9:47 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

What do you mean consensus. It was an even split.

Go for it!

 
At 19/4/07 10:40 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

I'm counting responses to both postings ;)

I'm going for it! Just wonderin' is all...

 
At 19/4/07 11:19 p.m., Blogger Erin said...

I didn't respond earlier, but I think you have very good reasons for NOT waiting and moving ahead now. It sounds reasonable to me.

And melonball night sounds absolutely delicious. I wish we'd had that at my college.

 
At 20/4/07 11:43 a.m., Blogger Rachel Inbar said...

My feeling was that any way you could go ahead with it would be good... Sorry if I gave the wrong impression :-)

 
At 20/4/07 6:05 p.m., Blogger miriam said...

I definitely vote for get that Pap done, then go full steam ahead now and hold the study possibility out as a back-up plan. Isn't that what you said you were doing? By the time I read all the posts, you'd decided, so I didn't bother voting.

 
At 21/4/07 1:43 a.m., Anonymous megan said...

i never responded, but i really thought that i did! i think that your main concern should be where you physically want to be during your 2ww...at home or travelling? personally, i would go ahead and do it now and see if you can qualify for the study at a later date.

 
At 24/4/07 7:31 p.m., Blogger Just another Jenny said...

Just seeing the words "$2 melonball night" is enough to make me sick, I'm glad those days are over!
As for waiting or not, go with your gut.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home