18 April 2007

Full steam ahead

Oh, c'mon, you guys. What's with the advice? I know I said I wanted opinions, but you should know by now what I really want is for you to tell me what to do!

Worthless. The whole lot of you. ;)

So, actually, the money isn't so much of an issue now. We have access to the extra $1000 or so it would cost to not do the study, and it wouldn't be very painful to get that money, so that consideration, thank Gd, falls low on the pros and cons scale.

And we comforted ourselves a little with talking about Puah, which is an infertility clinic in Israel. I could get in touch with them, and coordinate follow up with them, even though we'd likely have to pay for their services. There's also the side benefit of being surrounded by friends and family in Israel, who would provide comfort and booze if we got a BFN. They'd throw a flippin' party if we got a BFP.

Still. I'm freakin' old. Ancient, in fact. I don't think I want the stress of travelling (and these days, as awful as the airlines all are, I stress about travelling!) while I'm cycling. Not to mention the extra stress of being a year older by that point (technically, I'll just a few months older. Psychologically, the difference between 41 and 42 is huge).

So Hubby and I decided last night/this morning that we're going to start next cycle. If it doesn't work, we'll try to qualify for the study for the cycle after that. And try to time it around the trip. Which, Gd willing, might be the last trip we're able to take in a long time.

We should be that blessed.

Labels: ,


At 18/4/07 10:14 p.m., Blogger Thalia said...

Hmm,I was going to say wait, but glad there is an option to do both, that sounds ideal (and hopefully unecessary).

At 18/4/07 10:15 p.m., Blogger Lut C. said...

All right! The die is cast!
May you be blessed!

At 19/4/07 2:45 a.m., Blogger Bea said...

Sounds like a plan. Glad you found one you're happy with.


At 19/4/07 10:18 a.m., Anonymous Meg said...

I was going to say wait, too, projgen... but looks like two is an even better option. No, one is, ultimately, isn't it?


Post a Comment

<< Home