26 May 2006

Your gallbladder and you

Thank you for all your responses to this post. Enough people suggested gallbladder that even though a scan of symptoms showed I didn't have any of the right ones, I decided to research further. According to About.com and other sites which all referenced the same symptoms, I don't qualify for this month's prize.

Symptoms of Gallbladder Disease
  • steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours - nope. I don't have pain, I have a twitching/twinging that flickers on and off all night. It's not painful, it's just damn annoying and exhausting.

  • pain in the back between the shoulder blades - let's see... ::wiggle:: nope, no pain.

  • pain under the right shoulder - yes, but that's been proven to be related to a chronic condition I have.

  • nausea or vomiting - nope. Except when State Senators try to take control of our fertility treatments.

  • abdominal bloating - well, yes, thank you, Gonal f. Unless you're a dedicated get-back-into-shape-er, make friends with your bloated belly.

  • recurring intolerance of fatty foods - INtolerance? I wish. I tolerate fatty foods all too well.

  • colicb - if someone can tell me what this is, I'll tell you if I have it.

  • belching - oh, like a trucker. But I always have.

  • gas - of course not. I'm a lady; I get the vapours.

  • indigestion - only when I eat too many hotdogs.

So there you have it. I'm thinking the gallbladder is out. Unless my gallbladder has decided to take up flamenco dancing. If that's the case, my gallbladder is so grounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home