17 May 2006

Please let me shoot the messenger

Holy CRAP! Could this week (weeks?) get any worse? I just received an email telling me that a cousin is pregnant. That's wonderful, I'm happy for her, really. It's how I was told that sent me reeling.

The subject line said, "fwd: wonderful news" and it was the original email from the cousin, forwarded to me from a relative - a very very close relative - who totally should have known better. There was no warning, no, "this might be hard for you, but I knew you'd want to know" or anything remotely hinting to the fact that it might be painful for me to receive an email like that. This relative and I just had a conversation about this not so long ago, about how difficult it is to hear other women's pregnancy announcements. Even though I might be incredibly happy for them, and wanting them to get pregnant, it's still hard to hear.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that this very very close relative actually listens to what I say and takes it to heart.

*snort*

B'sha'a tova to my cousin and her husband. I really am happy for them, and I hope she has a happy, healthy pregnancy.

4 Comments:

At 17/5/06 6:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be commended on your patience. I would have throttled her. but then, I haven't told people what we're going through so I have less of an excuse.

 
At 17/5/06 4:32 p.m., Blogger Robber Barren said...

I'm so sorry, projgen. I totally know the feeling.

 
At 17/5/06 7:35 p.m., Blogger x said...

People just don't get it. I had an email bomb myself this week. It would be nice to at least have a warning.

 
At 17/5/06 11:31 p.m., Blogger projgen said...

ms. x. - never feel foolish for what you do/say/feel/think in the midst of Clomid Rage! And I'm so sorry that your SIL is being so horrid about this. Maybe my latest post will help...

And I'm sorry the rest of you all know what it feels like. None of us should have to know what this feels like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home